- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 25 miniature peanut butter cups or 8 full-size (such as Reese’s)
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 6 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh jalapeno, thinly sliced
How to Make It
Combine soy sauce, vinegar, and next 3 ingredients (through peanut butter cups) in a blender and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a small saucepan and heat over medium-high heat until simmering, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
Thread chicken thighs onto wooden skewers. Brush chicken evenly with sesame oil and sprinkle with black pepper. Cook over high heat on a grill pan or grill for 5 minutes on each side or until done. Divide chicken thighs among 4 plates; drizzle each with 3 tablespoons of the peanut sauce. Sprinkle servings with mint, cilantro, and jalapeno slices. Serve immediately.