Grilled Chicken-and-Strawberry Salad
Photo: Christopher Baker; Styling: Linda Hirst
More From Coastal Living
Steep: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups spinach
- Strawberry Vinaigrette
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet. Stir in almonds, sugar, and 1 tablespoon water. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until sugar melts and coats almonds. Spoon almonds onto wax paper, and set aside.
- 2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°) or grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush oil evenly on chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, turning once, 10 minutes or until cooked through. Cut into strips.
- 3. Toss spinach with Strawberry Vinaigrette to taste. Top with chicken strips, strawberries, and reserved sugared almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This