Grilled Chicken-and-Strawberry Salad
Take advantage of summer's bountiful crop of strawberries with this light and refreshing meal of Grilled Chicken-and-Strawberry Salad.
More From Coastal Living
Steep: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups spinach
- Strawberry Vinaigrette
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet. Stir in almonds, sugar, and 1 tablespoon water. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until sugar melts and coats almonds. Spoon almonds onto wax paper, and set aside.
- 2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°) or grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush oil evenly on chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, turning once, 10 minutes or until cooked through. Cut into strips.
- 3. Toss spinach with Strawberry Vinaigrette to taste. Top with chicken strips, strawberries, and reserved sugared almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note