- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1 (5-ounce) yellow summer squash, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 ounces bottled roasted red bell peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1 ounce blanched almonds, toasted
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 (2-ounce) focaccia rolls, halved and toasted
- 2 cups arugula
- calories 349
- fat 12.2 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 6.6 g
- polyfat 3 g
- protein 25.3 g
- carbohydrate 34 g
- fiber 2.4 g
- cholesterol 54 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 758 mg
- calcium 44 mg
How to Make It
Combine vinegar, 1/4 cup water, 1 teaspoon salt, sugar, and thyme in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until salt and sugar dissolve. Pour hot mixture over squash in a bowl. Let stand for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally. Drain.
Combine mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients (through almonds) in a mini food processor; process until smooth. Set sauce aside.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.
Spread about 2 tablespoons sauce on bottom half of each roll. Top each with one chicken cutlet, about 1/3 cup squash, 1/2 cup arugula, and top half of roll.