I'm not a fan of recipe modifiers who rate, but just had to review this one seeing as I've made it 4 times now. It is delicious. I skipped the marinating and grilling (although I'm definitely going to try that some time) and used roasted chicken on e and cubed boneless the next. Still turned out awesome. I used Stonewall (?) chutney and full fat mayo and kept my portions in check. Worth it.
Grilled Chicken Salad
Inspired by the popular curried chicken salad, this grilled chicken salad recipe calls for an Indian tandoori-style yogurt marinade for the chicken. Then it's grilled, chopped, and stirred together with tangy dressing, which includes store-bought mango chutney. If you prefer more spicy heat, add a bit more ground red pepper.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 430
- Fat: 18.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 8.8g
- Protein: 28.9g
- Carbohydrate: 35.1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 718mg
- Calcium: 100mg
- 1 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat Greek-style yogurt (such as Fage)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup canola mayonnaise (such as Spectrum organic)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring to combine. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place yogurt mixture in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 3. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Place chicken, breast side down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over; grill 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the meaty part of breast registers 160°. Remove chicken from grill; let stand 10 minutes. Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Coarsely chop chicken and place in a medium bowl. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 4. Add grapes and remaining ingredients to chicken mixture; toss gently to combine. Chill 30 minutes.
- Wine note: With just a bit of heat from the ground red pepper and sweet-tart mango chutney, Grilled Chicken Salad matches perfectly with a glass of chilled Hogue Riesling 2007 ($9) from Washington. The tropical fruit and pear flavors nicely echo the chutney, while the wine's refreshing sweetness and fresh acidity add zip and textural contrast to the creamy consistency of chicken salad. —Jeffery Lindenmuth
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note