My husband and I love these sandwiches. The coleslaw really makes them moist and delicious. I use sourdough bread rather than the rye swirl and serve with a green salad. Nice and easy to make and very satisfying.
Grilled Chicken Reubens
Freshen up a chicken Reuben with this homemade coleslaw. It will have your family--like our Test Kitchens staff--asking for more. Melon Salad with Lavender Honey Dressing makes a perfect accompaniment.
Prep: 9 minutes; Cook: 3 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 412
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 35.1g
- Carbohydrate: 34.7g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 856mg
- Calcium: 272mg
- 2 cups packaged angel hair coleslaw
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce (such as Heinz) or ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle relish
- 8 (1-ounce) slices rye and pumpernickel swirled bread (such as Pepperidge Farms)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4 (7/8-ounce) slices reduced-fat Jarlsberg cheese
- 2 tablespoons yogurt-based spread (such as Brummel and Brown), divided
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; toss well to coat.
- 2. Spoon coleslaw evenly onto each of 4 bread slices; top each evenly with chicken and cheese. Top with remaining 4 bread slices.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. While skillet heats, spread 3/4 teaspoon yogurt spread evenly over 1 side of each sandwich. Place sandwiches in skillet, spread sides down. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. While sandwiches cook, spread tops of sandwiches evenly with remaining yogurt spread. Turn sandwiches over; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese melts. Cut sandwiches in half before serving, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note