My husband and I love these sandwiches. The coleslaw really makes them moist and delicious. I use sourdough bread rather than the rye swirl and serve with a green salad. Nice and easy to make and very satisfying.
Grilled Chicken Reubens
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 412
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 35.1g
- Carbohydrate: 34.7g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 856mg
- Calcium: 272mg
- 2 cups packaged angel hair coleslaw
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce (such as Heinz) or ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle relish
- 8 (1-ounce) slices rye and pumpernickel swirled bread (such as Pepperidge Farms)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4 (7/8-ounce) slices reduced-fat Jarlsberg cheese
- 2 tablespoons yogurt-based spread (such as Brummel and Brown), divided
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; toss well to coat.
- 2. Spoon coleslaw evenly onto each of 4 bread slices; top each evenly with chicken and cheese. Top with remaining 4 bread slices.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. While skillet heats, spread 3/4 teaspoon yogurt spread evenly over 1 side of each sandwich. Place sandwiches in skillet, spread sides down. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. While sandwiches cook, spread tops of sandwiches evenly with remaining yogurt spread. Turn sandwiches over; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese melts. Cut sandwiches in half before serving, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes