This did not have a lot of kick and was pretty bland. If I make again, I will add some additional spices. I was able to make good use of the jar of pickled jalapenos that I had on hand.
Grilled Chicken Quesadillas
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 539
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Protein: 39g
- Carbohydrate: 54g
- Fiber: 10g
- Cholesterol: 116mg
- Sodium: 1612mg
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 1/2 cups shredded, cooked rotisserie chicken, skin removed
- 6 ounces grated Monterey Jack
- 1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapeño chilies, chopped
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 200°F and line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment. Place beans in a large bowl and use a potato masher or fork to mash them slightly. Add chicken, cheese and jalapeños and stir to combine. Season with salt.
- Place 1 tortilla on a work surface and spread a quarter of chicken mixture over half of tortilla. Fold other half of tortilla over to form a half-moon, pressing firmly. Repeat with remaining chicken mixture and tortillas.
- Warm a ridged grill pan or a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook 1 quesadilla at a time, turning carefully once, until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer grilled quesadilla to prepared baking sheet and place in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. When all quesadillas are grilled, cut each into 4 wedges and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes