Easy to make, and a crowd pleaser. Made it for a girl's night, along with the Cheesy Bread recipe, and in both cases, I had no leftovers. Used two baked chicken breasts and scraped with fork for shredded consistency. Doubling the recipe is easy.
Grilled Chicken Quesadillas
Pickled jalapeños kick the flavor up a notch in these easy chicken and cheese quesadillas, but if you don't care for the heat, just leave them out. Serve with jarred salsa, refrigerated guacamole, and sour cream, and you've got dinner.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 666
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Protein: 54g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 153mg
- Sodium: 261mg
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 1/2 cups shredded, cooked rotisserie chicken, skin removed
- 6 ounces grated Monterey Jack
- 1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapeÃ±o chilies, chopped
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 200°F and line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment. Place beans in a large bowl and use a potato masher or fork to mash them slightly. Add chicken, cheese and jalapeños and stir to combine. Season with salt.
- Place 1 tortilla on a work surface and spread a quarter of chicken mixture over half of tortilla. Fold other half of tortilla over to form a half-moon, pressing firmly. Repeat with remaining chicken mixture and tortillas.
- Warm a ridged grill pan or a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook 1 quesadilla at a time, turning carefully once, until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer grilled quesadilla to prepared baking sheet and place in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. When all quesadillas are grilled, cut each into 4 wedges and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes