i didn't have the pesto, but these were great! i grilled the chicken on a george foreman. i added avocado before heating in skillet on medium (med-hi was too hot and burned the first tortilla) Sliced with pizza cutter and served with picante salsa and sour cream and side of heated refried beans and cheese. yum!
Grilled Chicken Quesadillas
This is a Frust brunch favorite, but the recipe is also perfect for lunch or supper. Homemade Salsa Picante packs lots of flavor.
More From Southern Living
Other: 2 Hours, 8 Minutes
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried or 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Cilantro-Pecan Pesto
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- Toppings: Salsa Picante, sour cream, chopped cilantro
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish or zip-top freezer bag; add chicken. Cover or seal, and chill 2 hours. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 minutes on each side or until done. Cut chicken into thin strips.
- Top 1 side of 6 tortillas evenly with Cilantro-Pecan Pesto, cheese, and chicken. Top with remaining tortillas.
- Cook quesadillas in a lightly greased skillet or griddle over medium-high heat (350°) 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Cut each quesadilla into quarters. Serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note