Amazing recipe! It would be so delicious with just the pineapple, but the basil takes this to a whole new world! Don't leave it out.
Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Sandwiches
Tickle your palate with a taste of the tropics. Pineapple has a natural juiciness that gives this sandwich an irresistible taste. The fruit also offers a healthy reason for indulging: It's a high source of vitamin C.
Prep: 6 minutes; Cook: 10 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 333
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 43.4g
- Carbohydrate: 30.5g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 608mg
- Calcium: 75mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices fresh pineapple
- 4 (1.5-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- Light mayonnaise (optional)
- 4 large basil leaves
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done, brushing occasionally with lime juice. Grill pineapple 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 3. Spread mayonnaise on bottom halves of buns, if desired. Top each with 1 chicken breast half, 1 pineapple slice, 1 basil leaf, and 1 bun top. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note