- 1 3/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 20 ounces uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (3.5-ounce) jar commercial pesto (about 1/3 cup)
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cups halved grape tomatoes (about 2 pints)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- calories 508
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 16.7 g
- satfat 7.7 g
- monofat 6.5 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 38.3 g
- carbohydrate 50.7 g
- fiber 2.9 g
- cholesterol 81 mg
- iron 3.5 mg
- sodium 781 mg
- calcium 397 mg
How to Make It
Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes or until done, turning after 6 minutes. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch pieces; keep warm.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Place pasta in large bowl.
Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Combine 1/2 cup milk and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add milk mixture to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in pesto. Gradually add remaining 1 cup milk and half-and-half, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook 8 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Add 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1 cup cheese; stir until cheese melts.
Add chicken and sauce to pasta, tossing well to coat. Add tomatoes and basil; toss gently. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Serve immediately.