My cousin made this recipe for a family gathering. All ages loved it. Served w green salad and home made ranch dressing.
Grilled Chicken and Peach Kebab Salad
The creamy but low-fat dressing works as both a marinade for the chicken and for drizzling onto the salad. You'll need 8 skewers (10 in.) for this recipe.
More From Sunset
1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Calories: 237
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Protein: 30g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 430mg
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boned, skinned chicken breast halves (4 to 6), cut into 1-in. chunks
- 3 large peeled peaches (about 2 lbs.), each cut into 8 wedges
- 10 ounce baby arugula (about 3 qts. very loosely packed)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1. Make dressing: Whisk ingredients together in a small bowl.
- 2. Marinate chicken: Put meat and 1/2 cup dressing in a medium bowl; let sit 30 minutes at room temperature. If using bamboo skewers, soak in water 30 minutes. Add enough water (2 to 4 tbsp.) to the rest of the dressing to thin slightly, then chill. Prepare a grill for medium heat (350° to 450°).
- 3. Assemble kebabs: Thread 1 peach wedge and 2 chicken chunks onto a skewer. Repeat, then add a final peach wedge. Thread remaining skewers the same way.
- 4. Cook meat: Oil cooking grate, using tongs and a wad of oiled paper towels. Grill kebabs, covered, until browned and chicken is cooked through, about 12 minutes, turning once with a spatula.
- 5. Make salad: Arrange arugula on plates and sprinkle with onion and parsley. Lay a kebab next to each salad and serve with remaining dressing.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note