- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken breast halves (about 2 halves; see Notes)
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded fresh lemon zest
- About 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (pimentón; see Notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 medium red onion, peeled, halved crosswise, and thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- About 1 tsp. harissa sauce or paste (see Notes)
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 cups loosely packed mixed baby greens
- 1 cup 2-in.-long carrot matchsticks (1 medium carrot)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, very thinly sliced lengthwise into strips
- 1/4 cup quartered, pitted kalamata olives
- calories 274
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- protein 32 g
- fat 8.1 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- carbohydrate 17 g
- fiber 3.9 g
- sodium 739 mg
- cholesterol 69 mg
How to Make It
Put chicken breast halves between pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or the back of a small, heavy saucepan until 1/4 in. thick. Whisk lemon zest, olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, the smoked paprika, and cumin together in a small bowl. Put chicken breasts in a large, wide bowl and add marinade, rubbing all over chicken to coat. Cover and chill at least 3 hours and up to overnight. Allow chicken to come to room temperature before grilling. Meanwhile, rinse onion and dry it with paper towels.
Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for medium heat (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 in. above cooking grate only 4 to 5 seconds). Lay chicken on well-oiled grate and cook, turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate or cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk yogurt, harissa, 1 tbsp. mint, remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper, and the lemon juice together in a small bowl. Slice chicken on the diagonal across the grain into 1/4-in.-thick strips.
In a large bowl, toss together greens, carrot, bell pepper, onion, and olives with 1/2 cup dressing until just coated.
Divide salad among 4 plates and top with chicken. Drizzle remaining dressing over salads, dividing evenly, and garnish with remaining mint.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.