Grilled Chicken 'N' Cheese Sandwiches
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Cindy Manning Barr
More From Southern Living
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 (3/4-ounce) Monterey Jack cheese slices
- 12 whole wheat bread slices
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine,softened
- Stir together first 5 ingredients. Place 1 cheese slice on each of 6 bread slices; spread evenly with chicken mixture, and top with remaining cheese and bread slices. Spread half of butter evenly on 1 side of each sandwich.
- Cook sandwiches, buttered side down, in a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat about 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread remaining butter evenly on ungrilled sides; turn and cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes