Tasty, but watch those tenders, they dry out quickly! The mayo makes it - my husband and son hate tomatoes but I would add lettuce next time or sandwich is too dry unless you slather mayo on both sides of roll. It's very good that way, but not really cooking light if we us that much mayo!
Grilled Chicken Mojito Sandwiches
Photo: Oxmoor House
A mojito is a rum, lime juice, and mint cocktail that originated in Cuba. This sandwich features those flavors and makes for a great lunch or casual dinner.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 370
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 32.5g
- Carbohydrate: 43.3g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 705mg
- Calcium: 99mg
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced serrano chile (with seeds)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices Vidalia or other sweet onion
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (2-ounce) French rolls, halved
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) tomato slices
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves
- To prepare dressing, combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Cover and chill.
- To prepare sandwich, combine 1 tablespoon mint and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken breast tenders; seal and marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Place chicken and onion on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 4 minutes on each side or until chicken is done and onion is tender. Remove from grill; sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill roll halves, cut side down, until lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon dressing over the bottom halves of the rolls. Top each serving with 3 ounces chicken breast tenders, 1 onion slice, 2 tomato slices, and 1 lettuce leaf; cover with top halves of rolls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes