Made this last night, sorely dissapointed. The Chicken was flavorful & juicy but the rest was just ok, nothing to scream about. Jicama is such a bland vegetable, and the mangoe this time of year is unripe, hard & tasteless. To make the chips crispy it took about 5 more minutes in the oven, then if you got dressing on them they were just hard, not crunchy at all. I love making salad for dinner, so next time besides waiting for summer, I will add a bit more lime juice, tequila & honey to the vinegarette party and maybe marinate the jicima as well as using store bought chips.
Grilled Chicken, Mango, and Jicama Salad with Tequila-Lime Vinaigrette
There are a couple of steps you can do ahead: Prepare the citrusy vinaigrette and refrigerate, and bake the tortilla strips and store in an airtight container. If time is tight, substitute baked tortilla chips for the tortilla strips.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 330
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 41.9g
- Carbohydrate: 20.1g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 737mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Dash of salt
- Tortilla strips:
- 4 (6-inch) yellow corn tortillas, cut into (1/2-inch-wide) strips
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash of ground red pepper
- Remaining ingredients:
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (3 x 1/4-inch) strips peeled jicama
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled mango (about 1 large)
- 1 (5-ounce) bag mixed baby greens
- To prepare chicken, combine first 5 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine cilantro and next 8 ingredients (through dash of salt) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Chill until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare tortilla strips, place strips in a large bowl. Coat with cooking spray; toss. Combine cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, paprika, and dash of red pepper. Sprinkle over strips; toss well. Spread strips in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until almost crisp. Remove from oven; cool. (Tortilla strips will crisp as they cool.)
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken from bag, discarding marinade. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 5 minutes on each side or until done. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch slices. Combine jicama, mango, and greens in a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over jicama mixture, and toss to coat. Place 1 1/3 cups jicama mixture on each of 6 plates, and top each serving with 1 sliced chicken breast half. Top evenly with tortilla strips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note