Grilled Chicken and Lemon Salad
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 259
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 40.5g
- Carbohydrate: 5.3g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 332mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lemon wedges (optional)
- To prepare chicken, combine the first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag, and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done. Cool completely; cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- To prepare salad, cook peas in boiling water 30 seconds. Drain, and rinse with cold water. Drain. Combine peas and next 7 ingredients (through black pepper) in a large bowl; add chicken, tossing to combine. Place 1 3/4 cups chicken salad on each of 4 plates. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note