Grilled Chicken Legs with Orange and Rosemary
Photo: Ditte Isager
More From Real Simple
Other: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 409
- Calories from fat: 64%
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Fat: 29g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Sodium: 572mg
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 25g
- 2 navel oranges
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 1/2 pounds small chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 1 large red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch rings
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, torn into pieces
- Grate 1/2 teaspoon of zest from 1 orange into a large mixing bowl. Squeeze in 1/3 cup of orange juice. Stir in the lemon juice, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, the garlic, rosemary, and 1/4 cup of the oil. Reserve 1/4 cup of the dressing. Add the chicken to the bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Heat grill to medium. Place the chicken, skin-side up, over indirect heat and cook, covered, for 35 minutes. Turn the chicken and cook, uncovered, over direct heat, until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, brush the onion with the remaining oil and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill until tender, 8 minutes.
Peel the remaining orange and slice into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Combine them with the onion, lettuce, and reserved dressing in a bowl. Transfer to individual plates. Serve with the chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes