Great for dinner with friends.
Grilled Chicken and Garden Salsa
Top tender grilled chicken with a fresh salsa of zucchini, bell pepper, onion and basil for a colorful one-dish meal.
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1. Preheat grill to 300° to 350° (medium) heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Combine cheese and next 3 ingredients. Brush chicken with cheese mixture.
- 2. Toss zucchini, onion, and bell pepper in olive oil.
- 3. Grill chicken and vegetable mixture at the same time, covered with grill lid. Grill chicken 7 to 10 minutes on each side or until done. Grill vegetable mixture 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Chop vegetable mixture, and toss with basil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve vegetable mixture with grilled chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note