- 2 (6-ounce) bone-in chicken breasts, skinned
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
How to Make It
Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 8 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 10 minutes. Carve chicken off bones, and thinly slice.
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain well; keep warm.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add flour and garlic; cook until garlic is browned (about 2 minutes), stirring constantly. Add milk and broth, stirring with a whisk; bring to a simmer, and cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and spinach; stir until spinach wilts. Add pasta and chicken; toss to combine.