This is a wonderful salad, easy to make and with just a delicious combination of flavors. I'll make it again!
Grilled Chicken, Corn, and Spinach Salad with Smoky Paprika Dressing
The paprika delivers the smoky flavor, so you don't miss the char.
More From Sunset
Total: 2 Hours, 40 Minutes
- Calories: 343
- Calories from fat: 63%
- Protein: 21g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sodium: 375mg
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 teaspoons sweet or hot smoked Spanish paprika
- About 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken breast halves
- 2 ears corn, husks and silks removed
- 2 portabella mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 2 qts. (5 oz.) lightly packed baby spinach
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-in. slivers
- 1. Whisk oil, vinegar, shallot, paprika, 1 tsp. salt, the oregano, and pepper in a medium bowl. Chill 1/2 cup of dressing. Add chicken to remaining dressing, turn to coat, and chill, covered, at least 1 1/2 hours or overnight. Let chicken and reserved dressing stand at room temperature about 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat grill to medium (350° to 450°). Transfer chicken to a plate. Add corn and mushrooms to marinade and brush to coat. Grill vegetables and chicken, turning once, until vegetables are streaked brown and chicken is no longer pink in center, 15 to 20 minutes for corn and 12 to 18 minutes for chicken and mushrooms. Transfer to a board as done.
- 3. Cut warm corn kernels from cobs into a large bowl. Cut chicken and mushrooms into strips; then add to bowl, along with spinach, onions, and reserved dressing, and toss to coat. Season with salt if you like.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This