Definitely not what I was expecting. I found it to be not sweet enough and so complex in flavor that it overwhelmed my taste buds and not in a good way.
Grilled Chicken with Cola Sauce
More From Cooking Light
Total: 54 Minutes
- Calories: 254
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 39.8g
- Carbohydrate: 11.2g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 498mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup cola (such as Coca-Cola)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in cola and next 4 ingredients (through chili powder); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until sauce reduces to 3/4 cup, stirring occasionally. Set 6 tablespoons sauce aside.
- 3. Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients (through cumin), stirring well. Rub spice mixture evenly over both sides of chicken. Arrange chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; baste with 3 tablespoons remaining sauce. Grill 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; baste with 3 tablespoons sauce. Grill 5 minutes or until done. Serve with reserved 6 tablespoons sauce.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note