Grilled Chicken Caprese Pasta
Community Recipe from
- 2 medium chicken breast halves grilled and diced into strips
- 9 ounce(s) Rigatoni or Penne Pasta
- 2 cup(s) Fire roasted tomato pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup(s) finely grated romano cheese
- 1 clove(s) garlic finely minced
- red pepper flakes, to taste optional, for added taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pint(s) grape tomatoes diced into halves
- 12 ounce(s) fresh mozzarella grated
- 16 fresh basil leaves chopped chiffonade style
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta to al dente according to directions listed on package. While pasta is boiling, in a separate medium saucepan over medium low heat, heat tomato pasta sauce, heavy cream, Romano cheese, garlic, optional red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.
- Drain cooked pasta well, return pasta to pot. Add in grilled diced chicken, grape tomatoes, half of the mozzarella and half of the basil ribbons, then pour warm sauce over mixture. Toss to evenly coat. Pour mixture into a greased casserole or baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and cook pasta uncovered for about 20 - 25 minutes until cheese is golden. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Delacy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Chicken Caprese Pasta Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes