This was so good! Instead of the lettuce in the recipe, I grilled split romaine hearts (from another cooking light recipe) and the whole thing was grilled! It was so good. I can't wait to make it again. I agree that the bread could use some flavor but it isn't bad the way it is, just toasted bread. Enjoy!
Grilled Chicken Caesar on a Skewer
Avoid overcrowding the skewers by spacing chicken and onion wedges about 1/4 inch apart. It's best to cook bread cubes by themselves so the bread doesn't come in contact with raw chicken. Thread them onto two skewers, spacing them 1/2 inch apart, so they will toast evenly on all sides.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 259
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 25.3g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 652mg
- Calcium: 270mg
- 3/4 cup fat-free bottled Caesar dressing, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 ounces country bread, crust trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Cooking spray
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Cracked black pepper
- 1. Combine 2 tablespoons dressing and chicken in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 45 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
- 2. Preheat grill.
- 3. Thread bread cubes onto 2 (12-inch) skewers; coat with cooking spray. Place skewers on a grill rack. Grill 1 minute on each side or until browned.
- 4. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Thread chicken and onion alternately onto each of 6 (12-inch) skewers. Place on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes or until chicken is done, turning occasionally. Remove from grill; drizzle each chicken skewer with 2 teaspoons dressing.
- 5. Combine remaining 6 tablespoons dressing and lettuce in a bowl; toss well to coat. Place about 1 cup lettuce mixture on each of 6 plates; divide bread cubes evenly among plates. Place 1 chicken skewer on each plate. Top each serving with about 1 tablespoon cheese; sprinkle with pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note