Grilled Chicken and Bulgur Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 773
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Protein: 38g
- Fat: 41g
- Saturated fat: 8.8g
- Carbohydrate: 65g
- Fiber: 7.3g
- Sodium: 1696mg
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- 1/2 cup medium bulgur*
- 1 boned, skinned chicken breast half (about 1 lb.), pounded until 1/2 in. thick
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup halved and sliced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 2 cups pita chips
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1. Put bulgur in a large bowl. Cover with 1 cup boiling water and let soak until water is absorbed, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 2. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Brush chicken with 1 tbsp. oil and sprinkle on both sides with half the salt, pepper, and paprika. Grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- 3. Add remaining oil, salt, pepper, and paprika, plus all other ingredients except feta, to bowl of bulgur and toss to combine.
- 4. Slice chicken. Divide salad among 4 plates and top with chicken and feta.
- *Bulgur--steamed crushed wheat--comes in three sizes. We like the texture of medium, but you can use another size; just adjust the soak time accordingly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note