- 1/2 cup medium bulgur*
- 1 boned, skinned chicken breast half (about 1 lb.), pounded until 1/2 in. thick
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup halved and sliced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 2 cups pita chips
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- calories 773
- caloriesfromfat 47 %
- protein 38 g
- fat 41 g
- satfat 8.8 g
- carbohydrate 65 g
- fiber 7.3 g
- sodium 1696 mg
- cholesterol 98 mg
How to Make It
Put bulgur in a large bowl. Cover with 1 cup boiling water and let soak until water is absorbed, 20 to 30 minutes.
Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Brush chicken with 1 tbsp. oil and sprinkle on both sides with half the salt, pepper, and paprika. Grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes; set aside.
Add remaining oil, salt, pepper, and paprika, plus all other ingredients except feta, to bowl of bulgur and toss to combine.
Slice chicken. Divide salad among 4 plates and top with chicken and feta.
*Bulgur--steamed crushed wheat--comes in three sizes. We like the texture of medium, but you can use another size; just adjust the soak time accordingly.