Grilled Chicken Breast with Charred Corn Salsa
Grilling is a perfect way to add a smoky flavor to foods without extra fat.
Yield: serves 4 (serving size: 1 chicken breast, 1/3 cup salsa, and 1 lime slice)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 270
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 35g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 596mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 4 (5-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 lime slices
- 4 cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Prepare grill.
- Combine 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1/2 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, lemon pepper, and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- While chicken marinates, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add corn, onion, and bell peppers; saute 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly blackened. Transfer corn mixture to a bowl; stir in 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1/2 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cilantro, and black pepper.
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done. Serve chicken with salsa and lime slices. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This