The peach butter is outstanding. I made it on its own instead of with the chicken and have been using it on warm biscuits for breakfast. I will make it with the chicken, but will use it as a barbecue sauce instead of just serving it on the side. Read my full review at: http://www.takingonmagazines.com/2011/08/bourbon-peach-butter-from-cooking-light.html
Grilled Chicken with Bourbon Peach Butter
Our hands-free oven method helps prevent the sugary fruit butter from scorching.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 3 Hours, 12 Minutes
- Calories: 304
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 40.4g
- Carbohydrate: 23.8g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 409mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 1 1/2 pounds coarsely chopped peeled peaches (about 5 medium)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 250°.
- 2. Combine the first 3 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Combine peach mixture, bourbon, brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor or blender, and process for 1 minute or until smooth. Transfer peach mixture to a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Bake at 250° for 2 hours and 15 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 4. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper evenly over chicken. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with sauce.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note