This was very good and very easy. Even my 3 year old twins were fans. I was too lazy to break out the grill, so I just sauteed the chicken and zucchini in a frying pan with a little evo. Worked great!
Grilled Chicken-and-Veggie Tortellini
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Missie Neville Crawford
More From Southern Living
- 4 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 2 skinned and boned chicken breasts (13 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground Italian herb seasoning
- 1 (19-oz.) package frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 (7-oz.) container refrigerated reduced-fat pesto
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Garnish: grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat grill to 300° to 350° (medium) heat. Sprinkle zucchini and chicken with seasoning.
- 2. Grill zucchini and chicken at the same time, covered with grill lid. Grill zucchini 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill chicken 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from grill; let stand 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, prepare tortellini according to package directions.
- 4. Coarsely chop chicken and zucchini. Toss tortellini with pesto, tomatoes, chicken, and zucchini. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: We tested with McCormick Italian Herb Seasoning Grinder.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This