- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Homemade Pesto*
- 12 large whole wheat bread slices, lightly toasted
- 1 (3-ounce) package goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 (5.2-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and cut in half
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
How to Make It
Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 10 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Let stand 10 minutes; cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
Spread Homemade Pesto evenly on 1 side of each bread slice.
Layer 4 bread slices, pesto side up, with chicken, goat cheese, and roasted bell pepper slices. Top with 4 bread slices, pesto side up; layer with tomato, bacon, and greens. Top with remaining 4 bread slices, pesto side down. Cut into quarters, and secure with wooden picks.
*3/4 cup prepared pesto may be substituted for homemade.