Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with zucchini rice
Community Recipe from
- 1 Medium zucchini
- 1 1/4 pound(s) Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup(s) Long grain white rice Cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Small red onion Cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Navel orange Cut into 16 pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt, pepper
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Cook the rice according to the package directions. Remove from heat, sprinkle the zucchini over the rice, over the rice, cover, and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork and fold in the zucchini.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the chicken, onion, and orange with the oil, cumin, cayenne, 3/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper; thread onto the skewers. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium, lightly oil grate, and grill the skewers,turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the onion is just tender, 15-18 minutes. Serve with the rice
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ccbrennan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note