Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with zucchini rice
Community Recipe from
- 1 Medium zucchini
- 1 1/4 pound(s) Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup(s) Long grain white rice Cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Small red onion Cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Navel orange Cut into 16 pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt, pepper
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Cook the rice according to the package directions. Remove from heat, sprinkle the zucchini over the rice, over the rice, cover, and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork and fold in the zucchini.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the chicken, onion, and orange with the oil, cumin, cayenne, 3/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper; thread onto the skewers. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium, lightly oil grate, and grill the skewers,turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the onion is just tender, 15-18 minutes. Serve with the rice
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ccbrennan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes