- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 6 slices bacon
- 2/3 cup commercial barbecue sauce
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices onion
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 slices pickle
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons mustard, divided
- 2 tablespoons catsup, divided
- Combine meat, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, hot sauce, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Divide meat into 12 equal portions; shape each portion into a 4-inch pattie. Sprinkle one-sixth of cheese on each of 6 patties. Place 1 teaspoon butter on top of cheese. Top each with 1 of the remaining 6 patties. Press edges of filled patties together to seal. Wrap a slice of bacon around each cheeseburger, and secure with a wooden pick.
- Grill over medium coals 12 to 15 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning patties and brushing frequently with barbecue sauce.
- Place 1 cheeseburger on bottom of each bun. Top each with lettuce leaf, onion, tomato, and pickle slices, and 1 teaspoon each of mayonnaise, mustard, and catsup. Cover with tops of buns.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries