Grilled Cheese Sandwiches With Tomato, Avocado, and Bacon
More From Southern Living
- 8 bacon slices
- 2 large tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 8 slices NATURE'S OWN Whitewheat Bread
- 4 (1-ounce) provolone cheese slices
- 4 (1-ounce) sharp Cheddar cheese slices
- 1 large avocado, cut into 8 slices
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Prepare bacon according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Sprinkle tomato slices evenly with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon dressing on 1 side of each bread slice. Top each dressing-coated side of 4 bread slices with 1 provolone slice; top each remaining 4 bread slices with 1 Cheddar slice. Top each provolone slice with 2 tomato slices, 2 bacon slices, and 2 avocado slices.
- Cook bread slices, cheese side up, on a hot nonstick electric griddle at 325° or in a hot nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat 4 to 7 minutes or until browned.
- Press together Cheddar cheese-topped bread slices and provolone-topped bread slices. Cut in half diagonally, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note