- 6 to 8 dried tomato halves
- 2 large eggs
- About 2 1/2 tbsp. softened butter, divided
- About 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 6 slices crisp-cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- calories 609
- caloriesfromfat 61 %
- protein 29 g
- fat 41 g
- satfat 21 g
- carbohydrate 34 g
- fiber 6.9 g
- sodium 1423 mg
- cholesterol 316 mg
How to Make It
Soak tomatoes in warm water until they're very soft, 20 to 30 minutes, then dry with paper towels.
In a large nonstick frying pan, fry eggs in 1/2 tbsp. butter over medium heat until whites are just set. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine remaining 2 tbsp. butter, 1/4 tsp. salt, pepper to taste, the parsley, thyme, and lemon juice.
Transfer eggs to a plate. Spread herb butter on 1 side of each bread slice, dividing evenly. Turn 2 slices over and top with gouda, bacon, tomatoes, and spinach, dividing evenly. Top each sandwich with a fried egg and remaining bread slices, buttered sides up. Cook sandwiches until golden brown, turning once, about 8 minutes total.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.