Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 slice(s) white peasant bread or whole wheat sourdough
- 2 or 3 tablespoon(s) butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounce(s) gruyere cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 ounce(s) thinly sliced smoked ham
- 2 to 4 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Spread one side of each bread slice with the butter. On a clean work surface, place 4 slices buttered-side down. Divide the cheese and ham among those 4 slices. Place the remaining 4 slices of bread on top, buttered-side up.
- Heat a grill pan or a 12-inch skillet with a lid over medium heat until warm. Place the sandwiches in the skillet (in batches if necessary) and cook, covered, 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cheese melts and bread is golden brown.
- Cut each sandwich in half; slide in 1 or 2 tomato slices and serve hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Delacy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches