Grilled Cheese Meat Loaf Sandwiches
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 hearty white bread slices
- 12 American cheese slices
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) cold meat loaf slices
- Garnish: sweet gherkin pickles
- Heat electric griddle to 350º or a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush butter evenly on 1 side of each bread slice. Place 4 bread slices on griddle or in skillet, buttered side down. Top each with 1 1/2 slices cheese, 2 meat loaf slices, and an additional 1 1/2 slices cheese (total of 3 cheese slices on each sandwich). Top with remaining bread slices, buttered side up.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes