Loved this - totally worth roasting and steaming and peeling the peppers (which I usually hate doing).
Grilled Cheese and Green Chile Sandwiches
More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 269
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 585mg
- Calcium: 304mg
- 2 mild green chiles (such as Anaheim)
- 2 poblano chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1/3 cup)
- 8 (1-ounce) slices whole-wheat bread
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Place chiles on a foil-lined baking sheet; broil 10 minutes or until blackened, turning once. Wrap in foil; let stand 10 minutes. Peel chiles; cut in half lengthwise. Discard seeds and membranes. Cut chiles into strips; place in a bowl. Add salt; toss.
- 3. Sprinkle half of cheeses evenly over 4 bread slices; top with chiles, remaining cheese, and remaining bread slices.
- 4. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Coat both sides of 2 sandwiches with cooking spray; place in pan. Cook 4 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Turn over; cover and cook 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining sandwiches and cooking spray.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note