Grilled Cheese-and-Ham Sandwiches
More From Southern Living
- 1/4 cup spicy mustard
- 12 sourdough or whole grain bread slices
- 6 (1-ounce) processed American cheese slices
- 6 (1-ounce) Swiss cheese slices
- 6 (1-ounce) cooked ham slices
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup finely ground pecans
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Spread mustard evenly on 1 side of 6 bread slices. Top with 1 slice each of cheeses and ham; top with remaining 6 bread slices.
- Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients until blended. Dip both sides of each sandwich in egg mixture.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add 3 sandwiches, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until bread lightly browns and cheese begins to melt. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 3 sandwiches; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches