- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 8 thin slices seeded whole-grain multigrain bread
- 4 teaspoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces sharp Cheddar, grated (1 cup)
- 1 medium apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces baby spinach leaves (1 cup)
- calories 325
- fat 16 g
- satfat 7 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 13 g
- carbohydrate 30 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 32 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 562 mg
- calcium 269 mg
How to Make It
Place a heavy skillet over low heat.
Spread 1/2 tsp. mayonnaise on each bread slice and 1/2 tsp. mustard on other side. Sprinkle half of cheese over mustard side of 4 slices. Add apple, spinach and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread slices, mustard-side down.
Put 2 sandwiches in skillet; weigh down with another skillet. Cook until toasted, about 3 minutes. Turn sandwiches over, weigh down again and cook until cheese melts, about 3 minutes more. Transfer to a plate. Repeat to make other 2 sandwiches.