1. Combine all ingredients except the trout and blend to make marinade.
2. Marinate the fish in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour.
3. Soak the cedar plank in water for a minimum of one hour prior to grilling
4. Place the marinated fillet skin side down onto the soaked cedar plank.
5. Place the planked fish on a hot grill and close the lid. The plank will begin to smoke.
6. Cooked to desired doneness (usually 10–20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish)
7. Remove and serve straight from the plank to create a unique presentation.
Go to full version of