Grilled Cedar Planked Scallop Kabobs
Recipe from Harris Teeter's Fresh Catch Newsletter.
Marinate: 30 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) large fresh sea scallops
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 tablespoon(s) seafood seasoning
- 2 cup(s) pineapple, cubed
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces, about 1 cup
- 6 12-inch bamboo or metal skewers
- 2 15-inch cedar grilling planks, soaked
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, orange juice, honey, seafood seasoning, add scallops and toss gently until coated. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Thread skewers, starting with a scallop, and following with a piece each of pineapple and pepper and finish with a scallop.
- To plank grill: Heat grill temperature to 350 degrees, place soaked planks on grill and close lid. Heat planks for 3 minutes, flip planks, and place scallops skewers directly on heated side of planks. Close lid and cook for 10-14 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove planks and scallops skewers from grill. Serve immediately.
- To grill without cedar planks: Heat outdoor grill to medium high heat and spray grill rack with non-stick spray. Pat scallops dry with a paper towel and transfer skewers to grill. Grill skewers for 3-4 minutes a side, or until scallops are cooked through. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note