Grilled Calves' Liver
- 4 (1 1/2-inch-thick) slices calves' liver
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup shortening, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle liver with salt and pepper. Wrap each piece of liver with a slice of bacon; secure with a wooden pick.
- Combine butter, shortening, and garlic powder, stirring well. Place liver on grill 4 to 5 inches from heat. Grill over medium coals 20 minutes or until tender, turning liver every 5 minutes. Baste frequently with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes
Food & Wine