Grilled Calamari and Fingerling Potato Salad
- 3 pounds small fingerling potatoes
- 3 tablespoons sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 pound frozen cleaned calamari (tubes and tentacles), thawed and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 4 cups torn dandelion greens or curly endive
- Place potatoes in Dutch oven; add water to cover and 3 tablespoons sea salt. Boil potatoes until tender; drain and cool. Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- Combine garlic and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add calamari. Cover and chill 2 hours or overnight. Sprinkle calamari with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and black pepper.
- Grill calamari over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 3 minutes on each side or until opaque. Cut tubes into rings; leave tentacles whole.
- Combine potatoes, calamari, parsley, and 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinaigrette in a large bowl. Combine remaining vinaigrette and dandelion greens in a large bowl; toss to coat. Serve potato salad over dressed greens.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note