Grilled Caesar Salad
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 379
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Sodium: 660mg
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, 2 minced, 1 cut in half
- 3 tinned anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup plus 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 12-inch baguette, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 romaine hearts, outer leaves removed, hearts halved lengthwise (keep root intact)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1. Make dressing: Puree mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, minced garlic, anchovies, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and mustard in blender until smooth. With motor running, drizzle in 1/2 cup oil and blend. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush cut side of bread with some of remaining oil. Grill bread, turning once, until toasted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove bread from grill and rub with cut side of halved garlic clove. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 3. Brush all sides of lettuce with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill lettuce, turning frequently, until lightly charred around edges, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4. Chop lettuce and divide among 6 bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan, scatter baguette pieces over and drizzle with some of the dressing. Serve immediately, passing additional dressing on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note