Grilled Buttermilk Chicken
Marinate the chicken overnight in buttermilk, garlic, and paprika to keep the meat juicy and delicious. Reclaimed Wood Salt and Pepper Shakers by Bambeco Make-ahead tip: Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator up to a day in advance. Recipe by Kate Merker: June, 2010 from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/grilled-buttermilk-chicken-recipe-00000000034987/index.html.
Marinate: 1 Hour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 8 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) paprika
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 6 pound(s) bone-in chicken pieces
- 1. In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the buttermilk, garlic, paprika, 1½ teaspoons salt, and ¾ teaspoon pepper.
- 2. Divide the buttermilk mixture and chicken between 2 large resealable plastic bags. Let marinate in the refrigerator, turning the bags occasionally, for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- 3. Heat grill to medium-low. Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard the marinade) and grill, covered, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 30 to 40 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note