- 6 ounces lean ground sirloin or bison
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup green beans, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1/2 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons low-fat Italian vinaigrette
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 (11/2-ounce) whole-grain hamburger buns
- calories 390
- fat 11 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- monofat 3.5 g
- polyfat 1.5 g
- protein 28 g
- carbohydrate 48 g
- fiber 11 g
- cholesterol 45 mg
- sodium 580 mg
- 2.3 g
How to Make It
Divide beef into 2 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Rub olive oil on both sides of patties.
Heat a nonstick skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Place patties in pan; cook 6 minutes on each side, or until a meat thermometer inserted into middle of burger registers 160ï¿½.
Combine green beans, white beans, kidney beans, carrot, bell pepper, and vinaigrette in a bowl; toss gently.
Serve burgers and a few lettuce leaves on whole-grain buns with bean salad on the side.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.