Grilled Burgers & 3-Bean Salad
More From Health
- Calories: 390
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 11g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 580mg
- Resistant starch: 2.3g
- 6 ounces lean ground sirloin or bison
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup green beans, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1/2 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons low-fat Italian vinaigrette
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 (11/2-ounce) whole-grain hamburger buns
- 1. Divide beef into 2 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Rub olive oil on both sides of patties.
- 2. Heat a nonstick skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Place patties in pan; cook 6 minutes on each side, or until a meat thermometer inserted into middle of burger registers 160ï¿½.
- 3. Combine green beans, white beans, kidney beans, carrot, bell pepper, and vinaigrette in a bowl; toss gently.
- 4. Serve burgers and a few lettuce leaves on whole-grain buns with bean salad on the side.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note