- 6 ounces lean ground sirloin or bison
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup green beans, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1/2 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 (1 1/2-ounce) whole-grain hamburger buns
- 2 tablespoons low-fat Italian vinaigrette
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- calories 400
- fat 11 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 4 g
- polyfat 2 g
- protein 29 g
- carbohydrate 50 g
- fiber 12 g
- cholesterol 45 mg
- sodium 580 mg
How to Make It
Divide beef into 2 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place patties in pan; cook 6 minutes each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into middle of burger reads 160°.
Combine green beans, white beans, kidney beans, carrot, bell pepper, and vinaigrette in a bowl; toss gently.
On the bottom of each bun, place a few lettuce leaves and 2 slices tomato; top with burger and other half of bun. Serve bean salad alongside burgers.