Grilled Buffalo Wings with Salad and Blue Cheese
Bring a sports bar favorite to the dinner table to update the typical chicken dinner. The five-ingredient blue cheese dressing tames the heat that comes courtesy of the wing's generous drizzle of hot sauce.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 636
- Fat: 47g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 149mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- The blue cheese dressing (makes 1 pint):
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces (1 cup) Danish blue cheese, crumbled
- The wings:
- 12 large chicken wings (3 1/2 lb.), cut into thirds, tips discarded
- 1/4 cup red hot sauce
- The salad:
- 2 medium-size carrots
- 2 medium-size tomatoes
- 1 large celery rib
- 1 small Kirby cucumber
- 1 (6 oz.) bag cut romaine
- Whisk together mayonnaise, milk, vinegar and pepper in a medium bowl. Add blue cheese and stir to mix.
- Prepare grill or preheat broiler. When grill is hot, add wings and cook over medium flame, covered, until cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes, turning occasionally with tongs. Transfer wings to a large bowl, drizzle hot sauce over wings and turn with a rubber spatula to coat.
- Peel and chop carrots, quarter and slice tomatoes, thinly slice celery, and quarter and slice cucumber. Put vegetables in a large salad bowl, add lettuce and toss well.
- Arrange wings on plates. Serve with salad and blue cheese dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note