Grilled Bread With Zucchini, Ricotta, and Basil
Mild, creamy ricotta balances out the charred, tender zucchini. Rich, creamy fresh ricotta can be found in gourmet markets and specialty food stores. You can also substitute conventional ricotta in this recipe. Recipe by Sara Quessenberry: July, 2009 from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/seasonal/4th-of-july-recipes-00100000061488/index.html.
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slice(s) country bread
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 small zucchini (about 2 pounds), thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup(s) fresh basil, leaves torn
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup(s) fresh ricotta
- 1. Heat grill to medium-high. Brush the bread with 1 tablespoon of the oil and grill until golden and crisp, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to plates.
- 2. Grill the zucchini until tender and slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 3. Toss the zucchini in a large bowl with the basil, red pepper, ½ teaspoon salt, and remaining tablespoon of oil.
- 4. Top the bread with the zucchini and ricotta.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note