Grilled Bread with Tuscan-Style Lamb
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 207
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 14.2g
- Carbohydrate: 22.3g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 353mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1-pound) boneless leg of lamb, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) French bread baguette
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced bottled roasted red bell peppers
- Combine first 8 ingredients, stirring well; place mixture in a large zip-top plastic bag. Cut lamb crosswise into 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices. Place each slice between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound each piece to 1/8-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Add lamb to bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally. Remove lamb from bag; discard marinade.
- Prepare grill.
- Sprinkle lamb evenly with salt. Place lamb on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 1 minute on each side or until lamb is desired degree of doneness.
- Cut baguette in half horizontally. Coat cut sides of bread with cooking spray. Place bread, cut sides down, on grill rack, and grill 2 minutes or until golden. Cut bread into 16 slices. Serve lamb with grilled bread and bell peppers.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This