- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1-pound) boneless leg of lamb, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) French bread baguette
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced bottled roasted red bell peppers
- calories 207
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 6.6 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- monofat 2.5 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 14.2 g
- carbohydrate 22.3 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- cholesterol 37 mg
- iron 1.7 mg
- sodium 353 mg
- calcium 18 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 8 ingredients, stirring well; place mixture in a large zip-top plastic bag. Cut lamb crosswise into 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices. Place each slice between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound each piece to 1/8-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Add lamb to bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally. Remove lamb from bag; discard marinade.
Sprinkle lamb evenly with salt. Place lamb on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 1 minute on each side or until lamb is desired degree of doneness.
Cut baguette in half horizontally. Coat cut sides of bread with cooking spray. Place bread, cut sides down, on grill rack, and grill 2 minutes or until golden. Cut bread into 16 slices. Serve lamb with grilled bread and bell peppers.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.